1) Duke Blue Devils – The Devils continue to roll behind Allan and Bagley and will only get better.
2) Kansas Jayhawks – Bill Self has now beaten Calipari and Boeheim this season.
3) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans are the class of the Big 10 and their only loss was to Duke.
4) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Irish lost their first game of the season to Michigan State, but the Irish look like a title contender.
5) Villanova Wildcats – The Wildcats are blowing everybody out so far this season.
6) Kentucky Wildcats – The Cats only loss was to Kansas.
7) Wichita State Shockers – The Shockers’ lone loss is a single-point defeat to Notre Dame. Shaquille Morris is averaging 13.9 points and 5.4 rebounds in 22.0 minutes per game.
8) Texas A&M Aggies – The Aggies look like a possible contender in the SEC.
9) Miami Hurricanes – The Canes are undefeated and have a win over Minnesota.
10) Florida Gators – The Gators lone loss was a close game against Duke where they blew a 17-point lead.
11) Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs own victories over Texas, Creighton and Ohio State.
12) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Heels were impressive in their win over Michigan.
13) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavaliers have the nation’s best defensive-efficiency rating. They’ve held four of their eight opponents to fewer than 50 points.
14) Minnesota Golden Gophers – The Gophers took their first loss at the hands of Miami this past week.
15) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Sun Devils’ perfect record features wins over Xavier, Kansas State and San Diego State.
16) Xavier Musketeers – Xavier took Cincinnati out back and gave them a beating on Saturday.
17) Seton Hall Pirates – Desi Rodriguez is averaging 18.7 points in 29.6 minutes per game.
18) TCU Horned Frogs – The Horned Frogs have won 13-straight games dating back to last season.
19) Baylor Bears – The Bears lost to Xavier on Tuesday.
20) West Virginia Mountaineers – The Mountaineers have won 7-straight since the loss to open the season against Texas A&M.
21) Nevada Wolfpack – The Pack own two nice wins against Rhode Island and Davidson.
22) Creighton Blue Jays – The Jays only two losses are to Baylor and Gonzaga.
23) Texas Longhorns – The Longhorns will be a factor in the Big 12 this year.
24) Rhode Island Rams – Wins over Seton Hall and Providence have the Rams in the top 25.
25) Alabama Crimson Tide – Collin Sexton is averaging 24.7 points, 4.2 assists and 4.0 rebounds in 30.8 minutes per game.