(Photo courtesy of Tucson news.com)
1) Villanova Wildcats(19-1)- The Wildcats have multiple wins over top 25 teams, and their lone loss was a close one at Butler.
2) Kansas Jayhawks(18-1)- The Jayhawks have now won 18 straight since a season-opening loss.
3) Kentucky Wildcats(17-2)- The Cats have won seven straight since a loss at Louisville.
4) Gonzaga Bulldogs(19-0)- They have a very real shot at an undefeated season.
5) Arizona Wildcats(18-2)- The Wildcats are hot and if you don’t believe me just ask UCLA.
6) Baylor Bears(18-1)- The Bears are back on track after the loss to West Virginia.
7) UCLA Bruins(19-2)- The Bruins are now 1-2 against ranked opponents.
8) Florida State Seminoles(18-2)- This team is no fluke, they have achieved this record against quality opposition.
9) Butler Bulldogs(17-3)- Needed overtime to beat DePaul, but Butler is a quality team that could make a run during March Madness.
10) Oregon Ducks(18-2)- The Ducks are on a sixteen game win streak.
11) Notre Dame Fighting Irish(17-3)- The Irish have lost three games to quality teams and own a win over Louisville.
12) North Carolina Tar Heels(18-3)- The Heel’s are set up to make a run at an ACC title.
13) Virginia Cavaliers(15-3)- The Cavs head into a big road game at Notre Dame this week.
14) Louisville Cardinals(16-4)- The Cardinals are 1-1 since Quintin Snider was sidelined with an injury.
15) Duke Blue Devils(15-4)- The Blue Devils got a badly needed win against Miami.
16) Wisconsin Badgers(16-3)- The Badgers are tied atop the Big Ten standings with Maryland.
17) West Virginia Mountaineers(15-4)- The Mountaineers have now lost two in a row.
18) Cincinnati Bearcats(17-2)- The Bearcats have now won 10 in a row.
19) Creighton Blue Jays(18-2)- The loss of Maurice Watson may be too much for this team to overcome.
20) Purdue Boilermakers(16-4)- The Boilermakers seemed to be headed back in the right direction after a rough patch.
21) South Carolina Gamecocks(15-4)- Got hammered by Kentucky on Saturday.
22) Xavier Musketeers(15-4)- The Muskies have hit the toughest part of their schedule, and they have not handled it very well.
23) Florida Gators(14-5)- Let’s face it they are chasing South Carolina and second place in the SEC. A SEC title is out of the question for everybody but Kentucky.
24) Maryland Terrapins(17-2)- The Terps are tied atop the Big Ten standings with Wisconsin.
25) Iowa State Cyclones(12-6)- This team is better than their record would indicate.