1) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma Sooners – Mayfield almost cost his team the game with a costly interception late, but overall he was amazing leading the Sooners to a huge win over Oklahoma State. Mayfield has to be the front runner as we speak, and with the remaining schedule he is set up to win the trophy.
2) Bryce Love, Stanford Cardinal – Love was held somewhat in check in the Cardinal loss on Saturday, but the body of work this young man has put up this season is hard to ignore.
3) Saquon Barkley, Penn State Nittany Lions – Barkley had a solid outing in the Lions loss to the Spartans, but I don’t see a way he gets back in the race for number one with the Lions remaining games.
4) Jalen Hurts, Alabama Crimson Tide – Why Hurts gets shunned by national media is a mystery to me. Sure the down field accuracy isn’t always the best, but he wins and he is a very good Quarterback.
5) Josh Adams, Notre Dame Fighting Irish – Adams, according to Coach Brian Kelly, wasn’t feeling right yesterday so the numbers were not great, but a prime-time performance against the U next Saturday night could put him in the thick of the race.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
TO ENTER THE LATEST MYBOOKIE.AD BANNER AD, COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING TEXT WHILE IN “TEXT ENTRY MODE” (SEE ABOVE) AT THE BOTTOM OF A PIECE.