1) Alabama Crimson Tide – The Tide had a Bye week.
2) Georgia Bulldogs – The Bulldogs are headed for a collision in the SEC Title game with the Tide.
3) Ohio State Buckeyes – J.T.Barrett put himself firmly in Heisman consideration and the Buckeyes look like a legit playoff contender.
4) Clemson Tigers – They had a bad loss at Syracuse, but they have more solid wins than Miami or Wisconsin.
5) Oklahoma Sooners – They still hold a win over Ohio State and that loss to Iowa State doesn’t look quite as devastating as it once did.
6) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers are unbeaten, but the best win they have on their resume is over Northwestern.
7) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Irish’s lone loss was to second ranked Georgia by a point, maybe they are better than a lot of people think?
8) Miami Hurricanes – The Canes barely squeaked by a bad North Carolina team.
9) Penn State Nittany Lions – A close loss at Ohio State is nothing to be ashamed of, but with a schedule lacking in quality wins this could be a killer to the Lions season.
10) TCU Horned Frogs – Missed opportunities will haunt these Frogs for a long time. They do still have a game left with Oklahoma and if they win out and get to the Big 12 game they still have a shot at a playoff berth.
11) Oklahoma State Cowboys – The Cowboys have an opportunity to get back in the playoff hunt, but they need to beat Oklahoma next week.
12) Washington Huskies – The Huskies have the best shot at making the playoffs out of the Pac 12.
13) Virginia Tech Hokies – The Hokies dismantled the Duke Blue Devils.
14) Iowa State Cyclones – The Cyclones added a win over highly ranked TCU on Saturday.
15) Central Florida Golden Knights – With South Florida losing the odds have greatly increased that the Golden Knights will be a New Year’s six team.
16) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers had a bye this week.
17) Memphis Tigers – The Tigers are hot and have an offense that can give anybody trouble.
18) Stanford Cardinal – If it wasn’t for Bryce Love this team would be in deep trouble.
19) LSU Tigers – Bye
20) North Carolina State Wolfpack – The Wolfpack were on a hot streak, that was until they went to South Bend.
21) Mississippi State Bulldogs – Got an impressive 35-14 win over Texas A&M.
22) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines had a less than impressive win over a bad Rutgers team.
23) Washington State Cougars – The defense let the Cugars down in the second half.
24) USC Trojans – Nice win over Arizona State.
25) South Carolina Gamecocks – The Gamecocks have been more consistent as of late.
(We are not trying to trick you and make you think this is the AP Top 25 or a Poll from ESPN. This is the Grueling Truth’s Top 25 and nothing else. The Grueling Truth is not a bought-off Sports network and this is an unbiased look at what the Top 25 should look like)
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!