1) Alabama Crimson Tide – The Tide survived the upset bid of the Mississippi State Bulldogs to climb back to number one.
2) Miami Hurricanes – The Canes are back! The defense has dominated Notre Dame and Virginia Tech the last two weeks, and after that it is hard to doubt how good they are.
3) Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners offense, led by Quarterback Baker Mayfield, seems unstoppable at this point in time.
4) Clemson Tigers – The Tigers took care of business against Florida State.
5) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers have no signature win at this point and I still doubt how good they are.
6) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers dominated previous number one Georgia and that sets up a huge Iron Bowl!
7) Georgia Bulldogs – The Bulldogs can recover if they win out and beat Alabama or Auburn in the SEC Title game.
8 Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes beat a decent Michigan State team, but with two losses on their record it is probably too late for a playoff run.
9) TCU Horned Frogs – The Frogs laid an egg in Norman.
10) Penn State Nittany Lions – The Lions dominated Rutgers.
11) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – They are this high because a lot of teams lost on Saturday. Chances at a playoff are all but gone now barring a miracle.
12) Oklahoma State Cowboys- The Cowboys won a barn-burner at Iowa State.
13) Central Florida Golden Knights – The schedule has not been tough but they own a blow out victory over a very good Memphis team.
14) Washington State Cougars – The Cougars got a solid win at Utah.
15) Washington Huskies – The Huskies playoff dreams were ended in Stanford.
16) USC Trojans – The Trojans got a nice win over Colorado.
17) Memphis Tigers –Bye Week
18) North Carolina State Wolfpack – Squeaked out a win at Boston College.
19) Mississippi State Bulldogs – Blew a golden opportunity to put away the Tide.
20) LSU Tigers – The Tigers got back on the winning side this past weekend.
21) Stanford Cardinal – Got a huge win against Washington.
22) Boise State Broncos- The Broncos got a road win over Colorado State in a shootout.
22) South Florida Bulls- Huge opportunity in a couple weeks against Central Florida.
23) West Virginia Mountaineers- The Mountaineers got a solid road win at Kansas State.
24) Northwestern Wildcats – The Wildcats handled an improving Purdue team.
25) Iowa State Cyclones – I know what the record says but the Cyclones belong in these rankings.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!