1) Alabama Crimson Tide – The Tide got by the Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday in a game that was much closer than most expected.
2) Clemson Tigers – The Tigers struggled at times but got by a solid Wake Forest squad 28-14.
3) Penn State Nittany Lions – The Lions smashed Northwestern on the road and they look like they are starting to fire on all cylinders.
4) Georgia Bulldogs – The Bulldogs seem to get better every week.
5) Washington Huskies – The Huskies continue to get it done.
6) TCU Horned Frogs – The Frogs had there hands full against a tough West Virginia team on Saturday, but as good teams seem to do, they made just enough plays to get the win.
7) Wisconsin Badgers – Wisconsin cruised past struggling Nebraska on the road Saturday night.
8) Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners were upset at home and all margin for error has been removed for the rest of the season.
9) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers are improving every week.
10) Ohio State Buckeyes – We will find out how good they really are shortly.
11) Miami(Fla) Hurricanes – The Canes finally got a win against their rival Seminoles, but they will have to get better quickly if they want any shot at an ACC Championship.
12) North Carolina State Wolfpack – After a bad first loss of the season to South Carolina, the Wolfpack are rounding into a possible playoff contender.
13) South Florida Bulls – The Bulls are still undefeated and look like a good beat for a New Year’s six bowl game.
14) USC Trojans – I have no clue about this team. They should be better than what they are.
15) Oklahoma State Cowboys – Bye
16) Central Florida Golden Knights – I know nobody else will have them ranked this high, but this is a very underrated team.
17) Notre Dame Fighting Irish– The Irish played well without their starting QB.
18) Michigan Wolverines – The defense is great; the offense is not.
19) Virginia Tech Hokies – Got a win on the road at Boston College.
20) San Diego State Aztecs- The Aztecs stay undefeated, but with the schedule they play it is hard to know how good they are.
21) Michigan State Spartans- Sparty is back!
22) Navy Midshipman- Navy is an explosive offensive football team.
23) Stanford Cardinal- They are still in the hunt in the Pac 12.
24) Texas Tech Red Raiders- The Raiders only loss was by 7 to Oklahoma State.
25) LSU Tigers- Have the Tigers righted the ship?