1) Alabama Crimson Tide – They destroyed Arkansas, as expected.
2) Penn State Nittany Lions – Bye
3) Georgia Bulldogs – Easy win over Missouri.
4) TCU Horned Frogs – An impressive win at Kansas State.
5) Wisconsin Badgers – The defense was great in win over an improved Purdue Boilermakers team.
6) Miami(Fla) Hurricanes – I don’t really think they are that good, but they keep finding ways to win.
7) Clemson Tigers – A Friday night loss at Syracuse would normally drop a team out of the top 10, but a lot of teams losing helps the Tigers.
8) Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners squeaked by an improved Longhorns team.
9) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes schedule has been soft to say the least.
10) Washington Huskies – An unexplained loss drops the Huskies.
11) North Carolina State Wolfpack – I caught a lot of flack from people telling me that I overrated this team last week, but I stick by this ranking. This team is better than people think.
12) Oklahoma State Cowboys – The Cowboys dominated Baylor.
13) Washington State Cougars – Just when the Cougars looked like they were for real, this happens.
14) USC Trojans – The Trojans slipped by Utah. This is not the team people expected to see this year.
15) South Florida Bulls – The Bulls took apart Cincinnati to stay undefeated.
16) Virginia Tech Hokies – Bye
17) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Irish keep slowly creeping up these rankings.
18) Michigan Wolverines – The defense is outstanding; the offense isn’t.
19) Central Florida – This is a very good team.
20) Stanford Cardinal – The Cardinal get it done on the ground.
21) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans pulled out a close win.
22) Auburn Tigers – They blew a lead against LSU that will haunt them the rest of this season.
23) West Virginia Mountaineers – This team is fun to watch.
24) Memphis Tigers – A big win against Navy.
25) LSU Tigers – Great comeback win over Auburn.