1) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma Sooners – Mayfield seems to be separating himself from the field and he is doing it against ranked teams. He has torched legit teams in TCU and Oklahoma State the last few weeks, and don’t forget what he did to Ohio State. The trophy seems to be his to lose at this point and he looks poised to put up some big-time numbers against the Kansas Jayhawks on Saturday.
2) Bryce Love, Stanford Cardinal – Love’s numbers most season would be enough to win the Heisman Trophy. Love even on a bad ankle but still ran for 166 yards and three touchdowns against a stellar Washington Huskies defense.
3) Jalen Hurts, Alabama Crimson Tide – Hurts does not get the credit he deserves. Simply put, he is a winner. He drove the Tide to a last-minute TD drive that clinched a win against upset-minded Mississippi State and still has last only one game in his career.
4) Khalil Tate, Arizona Wildcats – Tate has been unreal and largely unnoticed this season. His yards per carry is well over 11 yards a clip. He’s averaging over 200 yards rushing over the Wildcats past six games.
5) Saquon Barkley, Penn State Nittany Lions – Barkley is slowly dropping because his rushing yards are not good enough to keep him in contention.
6) Jonathon Taylor, Wisconsin Badgers – Had a great game against a good Iowa defense, but he did fumble twice.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!