1) Alabama Crimson Tide – As expected an easy win over Kentucky.
2) Ohio State – Dominant performance against Rutgers.
3) Clemson Tigers – Thrilling win over Louisville moves them into the top 3.
4) Michigan Wolverines – Won a defensive battle against Wisconsin. Maybe the best defensive team in the nation.
5) Houston Cougars – Florida State losing again doesn’t help their cause, but a looming battle with Louisville will tell their tale.
6) Washington Huskies – Most thought an easy early schedule would catch up to them here. Those people were wrong the Huskies completely took apart Stanford.
7) Louisville Cardinals – I know they lost, but I cannot justify dropping them farther than this. A loss in death valley in the final seconds tells me just how good this team really is.
8) Tennessee Volunteers – The Cardiac Vols pull another victory from the jaws of defeat.
9) Texas A&M – Not as big of a win as expected against South Carolina, but they are still undefeated and have some solid wins.
10) Miami Hurricanes – Good win over a tough Georgia Tech team, could the Canes be back to national prominence?
11). Wisconsin Badgers – Tough 14-7 loss in Michigan shows how good a defensive team this is.
12). Baylor Bears – Great comeback, but does anybody in the Big 12 play defense?
13). Nebraska Cornhuskers – Still undefeated, but a close win over Illinois may raise more questions than it answers.
14). Arkansas Razorbacks – Easy win over an outmanned opponent.
15). Florida Gators – Very good defensive team, but to be a true contender they need to get the offense going.
16). North Carolina Tar Heels – Great win at Florida State, this is a very dangerous team.
17). Ole Miss Rebels – I know they have lost two games already, but this is a very good team that can play with anyone in the country.
18). Western Michigan – Blew out Central Michigan 49-10, remember Central Michigan went to Oklahoma State and won earlier in the year.
19). Stanford Cardinal – Took a beating in Washington.
20). West Virginia Mountaineers – Solid win over a good Kansas State team.
21). Boise State Broncos – They are back in the top 25 and unbeaten.
22). Colorado Buffaloes – Young hungry team, things are looking up in Boulder.
23). Florida State Seminoles – Are in very real danger of becoming irrelevant this year. Big game coming up against the Hurricanes that they need to win.
24). Virginia Tech Hokies – Only loss was to Tennessee in a game they blew an early lead.
25). Oklahoma Sooners – Big win over TCU, looks like the offense has it together. The big question will be on the defensive side of the ball?