1) Alabama Crimson Tide – The Tide have a lot of question marks but with a backfield of Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris and sophomore QB Jalen Hurts, it is hard to put them lower than number one. The question marks you have to figure will be filled in by Nick Saban. The Tide don’t rebuild they reload.
2) USC Trojans – Look for the Trojans to continue there late season success from last year behind Heisman Trophy candidate Sam Darnold. The defense will be good also, being led by Cameron Smith and Porter Gustin.
3) Florida State Seminoles – The Seminoles will have a huge opportunity as they open the season against the Crimson Tide.
4) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes are loaded and if QB J.T. Barnett can improve his game they will be in the hunt at the end.
5) Penn State Nittany Lions – Led by QB Trace McSorley and RB Saquon Barkley the Nittany Lions should build off last season’s strong finish.
6) Clemson Tigers – Do NOT expect a big back slide from the Tigers. I know they lost from last year’s championship team but Dabo Swinney is one of the best coaches and recruiters in the country.
7) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers do not play Ohio State or Penn State in the regular season and they get Michigan at home.
8) Oklahoma Sooners – The defensive line is a concern and losing Coach Stoops has to be something that they will need to overcome, but this roster is solid and Baker Mayfield is one of the best QB’s in the country.
9) Washington Huskies – The Huskies will once again be led by QB Jake Browning and even after some key losses they are still a very talented team.
10) Auburn Tigers – Jarrett Stidham may just give the Tigers offense the push it needs to get the Tigers back to the top.
11) Oklahoma State Cowboys – Fronted by QB Mason Rudolph the Cowboys could be a playoff contender.
12) LSU Tigers – The Tigers are loaded with as much talent as any team in the country. If the offense gets straightened out they could upset Alabama.
13) Stanford Cardinal – The Cardinal are deep at most positions and in David Shaw they have one of the best Head Coaches in the country.
14) South Florida Bulls – I really expect the Bulls to go undefeated this year and at worst play in a New Year’s Bowl game.
15) Florida Gators – As usual, at least until recently, the Gators are loaded but it looks like they are still searching for a QB to put them over the top.
16) Michigan Wolverines – Coach Harbaugh I respect a lot, that’s why I will put them here, even though the roster doesn’t look great on paper.
17) Miami(Fla) Hurricanes – QB is the lone question mark for the Canes. They are loaded in most spots.
18) Kansas State Wildcats – Defense gives the Cats a chance in any game they play.
19) Louisville Cardinals – Everybody seems to forget that Lama Jackson won the Heisman last year.
20). Georgia Bulldogs – If QB Jacob Eason comes into his own this year the Bulldogs should make a serious run in the SEC.
21) TCU Horned Frogs – I don’t expect Gary Patterson to have another mediocre year.
22) Virginia Tech Hokies – The Hokies will be excellent on defense.
23) West Virginia Mountaineers – West Virginia could be a huge surprise team this year.
24) Washington State Cougars – Mike Leach will have the Cougars offense flying around.
25) Nebraska Cornhuskers – The Cornhuskers lost a lot off of last years 9-win team. Can they overcome those losses?