1) Calgary Stampeders- The Stamps were the best team from start to finish during the regular season. That is until it was Grey Cup time when the Ottawa Redblacks upset the Stamps in one of the greatest Grey Cup Finals in history. The Stamps seem to have it all, the best offensive line, the best QB, the best RB and possibly the best defense.
2) Ottawa Redblacks- The reigning Grey Cup champions had a change at the QB position with Trevor Harris taking over. With most teams that would be considered a huge change, with Harris it could possible believe it or not be an upgrade! I think B.C. maybe a little better on paper, but the Redblacks are the defending Grey Cup champions, so I will respect that here.
3) B.C. Lions- The Lions chased the Stamps all year last year coming up just short. The Lions did improve themselves in the offseason, now the question is did they improve enough to catch Calgary?
4) Hamilton Tiger-Cats- If QB Zach Collaros stays healthy the Ti-Cats should be a playoff contender again. The defense looks to be better especially in the secondary.
5) Edmonton Eskimos- Anytime you have a QB like Mike Reilly you have a shot. The offense should be explosive if the offensive line can improve from last year, the defense has some big question marks, so look for high scoring games whenever the Eskimos are playing this year.
6) Montreal Alouettes- The Als were solid on defense last year, but the offense was a huge liability. Welcome QB Darian Durant, the addition od Durant should go a long way in improving the Als offensive problems. I think the Als could surprise and be a playoff team when all is said and done.
7) Winnipeg Blue Bombers- The Blue Bombers had to be the biggest surprise of last season. My problem with the Bombers last year was that the defense caused a ton of turnovers last year. Usually, things like that do not happen in back to back years. With that being said I think the Bombers are a playoff contender, I just think it will be more of an 8-10, 9-9 contender than what we saw last year.
8) Toronto Argonauts- The Argos brought Marc Trestman back to the CFL, it will not be enough, at least it won’t be enough this year to make a playoff run. The Argos just have too many questions.
9) Saskatchewan Roughriders- Chris Jones instead of turning the Riders around seems to just be making them worse.