1) Edmonton Eskimos- The Green and Gold remained perfect on the season by taking down the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 33-28 at Commonwealth Stadium in a game that wasn’t decided until there were zero’s on the clock.
Next Up: @Ottawa
2) Calgary Stampeders- The Stampeders continue to roll right over the competition and the way they are playing it looks like just a matter of time before they become number one. The Stamps got the season off on what was for them a slow start and now it looks like full steam ahead for the Stamps.
Next Up: Bye
3) Winnipeg Blue Bombers- The Bombers have convinced me that they are for real! I knew the Bombers were a very talented team, my questions were more about the QB position and if Matt Nichols was capable of taking the Bombers and winning the Grey Cup. After the last two weeks the answer looks more and more like a yes.
Next Up: @Hamilton
4) B.C.Lions- The Lions made short work of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Travis Lulay once again played very well and the Lions defense was dominant.
Next Up: @Saskatchewan
5) Montreal Alouettes- Remember this is a power ranking not just listing teams by record. Since that is the case I think the Als are a legit threat to win the east. QB Darian Durant has helped to make the offense a force and the defense is still very good.
Next Up: Host Toronto
6) Toronto Argonauts- With Ricky Ray looking at being out 4-6 weeks I thought about dropping the Argos a couple of spots. I kept them here number one because the teams behind them are also struggling, but I mainly left them here because i have the utmost respect for their coaching staff and I want to see if they can pull this together.
Next up: @Montreal
7) Ottawa Redblacks- For whatever reason the Redblacks always seem to play well, but they always come up short at the end of the game. Could this be a Grey Cup hangover?
Next Up: Host Edmonton
8) Saskatchewan Roughriders- A flat effort for the Riders got them beat in B.C. I expected a lot more from the Riders offense which has talent.
Next Up: Host B.C.
9) Hamilton Ti-Cats- At least the Ti-Cats didn’t embarrass themselves this week and they had a great chance to beat the number one team on this list but came up one play short at the end of the game.
Next Up: Host Winnipeg