Just as in the CFL standings, the West powers dominate the top of our CFL QB power rankings going into week 17 — and we have to say that the phrase “Jeremiah Masoli at no. 7” sounds a lot more impressive that it did a few weeks ago, for some reason…
1) Matt Nichols, Winnipeg Blue Bombers – Nichols has been the most consistent Quarterback in the CFL this year. He survived a scare last week when he was knocked out of the Blue Bombers loss to the Roughriders, but it looks like he will be ready to go this coming week.
2) Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders – Mitchell always seems to do just enough so that his team wins and he looks to be in position to win a Grey Cup this season.
3) Mike Reilly, Edmonton Eskimos – With C.J.Gable now on board in the backfield look for Reilly to put up even better numbers in the home stretch as the Eskimos look like Grey Cup challengers once again.
4) Ricky Ray, Toronto Argonauts – No quarterback is as important to their teams’ success as is Ray in Toronto. The Argos are in position to win the East and that is mainly because of the main at the helm, Ricky Ray.
5) Trevor Harris, Ottawa Redblacks – In my opinion, Harris is the best in this league, I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but with a healthy Harris, the Redblacks are very dangerous.
6) Brandon Bridge/Kevin Glenn, Saskatchewan Roughriders – With Glenn injured Bridge has stepped up and played well keeping the Riders rolling towards a playoff berth.
7) Jeremiah Masoli, Hamilton Tiger-Cats – Masoli and the Ti-Cats are hot at the moment and have a shot at making the playoffs. Masoli seems to be playing much better under new coach June Jones and while I may still be a little hesitant on Masoli, he is slowly making a believer out of me.
8) Jonathon Jennings, B.C. Lions – Jennings actually seems to be improving. He is not forcing as many throws and seems to be playing more within himself.
9) Drew Willy, Montreal Alouettes – Willy and the Als are just not very good.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!