Another week, another round of Grueling Truth CFL Quarterback Power Rankings. Here’s what the big board looks like after week 7 of the 2017 season…
1. Mike Reilly, Edmonton Eskimos- Once again Reilly plays well and the Eskimos stay undefeated with a tougher-than-expected 33-28 win over the Hamilton Ti-Cats. Nobody has played as consistently well this season and with Reilly there is no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.
2. Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders- Mitchell was close to perfect yet again as he completed 19-24 passes for 3 touchdowns. Mitchell and the Stamps look like they are starting to get on a roll and if they are, the rest of the league needs to watch out. Mitchell always plays well and most importantly he doesn’t make bad mistakes that hurt his team.
3. Matt Nichols, Winnipeg Blue Bombers- I know this will once again make all the B.C. Lions fans mad, but Nichols has been more consistent and is not prone to the turnovers that seem to happen all too often in B.C.
4. Travis Lulay, B.C. Lions- Lulay has played well since taking over for Jennings and this past week he did not turn the ball over.
5. Trevor Harris, Ottawa Redblacks- Harris played well once-again but as usual this year his team came up short in a close lose. Time is running out on the Redblacks defense of their title and they need a win soon.
6. Ricky Ray, Toronto Argonauts- Looks like this will be Ray’s last appearance on this list for at least four weeks as he sustained an injury last week. Ray has played well all year and had the Argonauts in contention.
7. Darian Durant, Montreal Alouettes- A bye week for Durant. Durant has brought an added dimension to the Als this year: They can now actually score touchdowns.
8. Kevin Glenn, Saskatchewan Roughriders- Glenn has played well most of this season, that is until this past week’s game.
9. Zach Collaros, Hamilton Ti-Cats- Collaros played his best game of the year as the Ti-Cats bounced back from last week’s humiliating lose to the Stamps. Now can Collaros build on this past performance?
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!