31) Arizona Coyotes – Still very bad.
30) Buffalo Sabres – Depleted blue line slowing what might have been.
29) New York Rangers – Henrik Lundqvist still finding his way, as is the rest of the team.
28) Florida Panthers – Quiet times in Florida.
27) Edmonton Oilers – It’s a matter of time before they light up the standings – just not yet.
26) Minnesota Wild – Goaltending struggles have the Wild down in the basement,
25) Washington Capitals – Need less Ovechkin, more Capitals.
24) Detroit Red Wings – Henrik Zetterberg has yet to age.
23) Colorado Avalanche – They’ve come back to Earth.
22) Chicago Blackhawks – Father Time is undefeated.
21) Anaheim Ducks – Injuries aside, Anaheim is finding ways to win.
20) Montreal Canadiens – Suddenly scoring goals in bunches. Look out.
19) Boston Bruins – Top line still carrying the mail in Beantown.
18) Carolina Hurricanes – The wins are finally starting to trickle in.
17) Nashville Predators – Give the Finalists the benefit of the doubt.
16) Ottawa Senators – Erik Karlsson has been superhuman – enough said.
15) Calgary Flames – The 3M line has shone, while the Flames bide their time for Flames-y season.
14) Philadelphia Flyers – Power play looks as lethal as ever, if not better.
13) Winnipeg Jets – Blake Wheeler looks like a force of nature – at Matt Murray’s expense.
12) San Jose Sharks — Sharks’ look like the real deal once again.
11) Pittsburgh Penguins – It’s Riley Sheahan time in Steeltown.
10) Vancouver Canucks – The Canucks aren’t terrible!
9) Vegas Golden Knights – Who needs a goalie, anyway?
8) New Jersey Devils — Nico Hischier might be the real deal.
7) New York Islanders – Who’s going to stop John Tavares? No one so far.
6) Dallas Stars – Dangerous from anywhere on the ice.
5) Toronto Maple Leafs – Their third line could be most teams’ first scoring line.
4) Los Angeles Kings – Look out – the Kings are back.
3) Columbus Blue Jackets – Maybe the frontrunner to win it all?
2) Tampa Bay Lightning – Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov – enough said.
1) St.Louis Blues- Just when you thought you could count them out…. the Blues aren’t done yet.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!