Join former 49ers Running Back Dexter Carter and Matt Andruscavage as they preview Sunday’s NFC West matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and the Arizona Cardinals.
Here are some of the keys to the game:
1) 49ers Front Seven vs Arizona’s Offensive Line – The Cardinals will be without Mike Iupati and Alex Boone, so the 49ers will have a fantastic chance to get after Carson Palmer and stop the makeshift running game.
2) Arizona’s Receivers vs 49ers’ Secondary – Larry Fitzgerald leads a group of fast receivers that can stretch the field while he works underneath. The 49ers secondary has its work cut out for them
3) Rest and Element of Surprise – the 49ers have had 10 days to try to get ready for this game while the Cardinals are on a short week. This is a good trap game for the Niners to find a way to win.
Injuries and other notes:
– Tank Carradine placed on IR, could come back Week 12 against Seattle. He has been among the best DE’s against the run this year
– Reuben Foster is close to returning, but will not make it back this week. Look for him to return to practice next week.
– Eric Reid will miss a few weeks with the PCL injury, leaving the 49ers short 3 starters on defense
– Rookie Solomon Thomas is listed as a starter on the depth chart
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!